https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_Quadra_605
The Mac computer provided hours of entertainment for me. I did my best to browse through all of the folders in the system, install loads of applications from CDs, eventually we tried out AOL and the internet over a dialup modem. It had an external modem, external CD-ROM drive, printer, etc.
There were some programs that wouldn't install because the computer didn't have enough RAM. I really had no idea what that meant, and it honestly didn't concern me too much.
Christmas eventually rolls around, we open up all sorts of sweet gifts, and towards the end my mom hands me another box. I could tell by her expression that she was excited for me to open this present. This of course immediately makes me excited and raises my expectations. At this point, I've probably opened a lot of really nice gifts, and I wasn't really sure what else to expect.
So, I open this box, and there's some small plastic containers inside with a piece of paper. Of course, I look totally confused, and my mom tries to explain that she has paid to have the RAM upgraded in our Mac. Once again, I really have no idea what that meant, but it started to sink in that this gift was probably the most expensive gift I received that year.
Regardless it was very underwhelming, but looking back I can really appreciate that my mom was trying to keep our computer up to date with technology. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment