Thursday, June 1, 1995

I wanna be like Mike (tshirt)

I remember having this "I WANNA' BE LIKE MIKE!" t-shirt pictured below when I was 9 or 10. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have picked this shirt out for myself, but at the same time I can remember picking out Nike and other sports related name brand clothing around this same age.

On to the story....

After going on a family trip with a friend of mine to Myrtle Beach, his mom washed my shirt as it was mixed in with my friend's. When it was returned to me though, it was a light shade of pink. This is when I first learned the hard way about mixing colors in the washing machine. For me this shirt was basically ruined, and I don't think I ever wore it again.

I can't specifically remember my mom ruining any of my clothes, in fact, I can remember her saving quite a few of them from all sorts of stains. I remember regularly thinking, "eh, my mom can get this stain out of this shirt"...

(Just typed up, no proofreading/editing, enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment